Cake Fillings, Storage and Shelf Life.
All cakes should be stored in a cool dark place on a flat sturdy surface. Room temperature of 24˚c (75˚f) or below.
- Do not refrigerate, other than fresh dairy cream cakes.
- It is also not a good idea to store sponge cakes in places such as a garage, conservatory, cellar or cold store or in the kitchen where it could become susceptible to steam, condensation & cooking odours.
- Once cut, store in an airtight container or cover the cut sides with cling film.
- Sponge, Chocolate and Carrot cake will keep for one week after delivery if stored correctly.
- Our Jamaican fruit & rum cake lasts perfectly well, wrapped in grease-proof paper then foil, for months.
- We do not currently make gluten or dairy free cakes at present.
- Our Jamaican fruit & rum cakes do contain alcohol and is also covered in marzipan which is made from Almonds (nuts) which can be eliminated if required.
- Cakes may contain 1 or more of the following Allergens. Eggs, Gluten, Milk, Peanuts, Nuts & Sulphur dioxide. If you require any information please do not hesitate to ask. .
Our cakes are made on premises in which nuts are used, every effort is taken to ensure ingredients are kept separate. However, this cannot be guaranteed and cakes may contain traces of nuts and/or nut oil.
All cake boxes shall be labeled with a Allergen sticker indicating what allergens the cake may contain.